As a result of ongoing feedback, we are excited to announce a number of new features and improvements in Waypoint. Read on for details about Waypoint’s new client code generator, improved dialogs, avatars and more.
Auto Generated Client Code
We all know you want to create your project quickly. To improve project creation speed and reduce the steps needed to create a project we generate the client code automatically when you add a project using the project Wizard. When you have a new client you no longer need to worry about finding a suitable code. The new smart algorithm will do it for you. Of course if you want full control you can still create your client in the client’s interface.
Avatars, Show Who You Are
A picture is far more communicative than a simple name, especially when you work with distributed teams. Now you can add a profile image to every resource. These images will pop-up everywhere where you deal with resources (which are actually humans).
We think this will make Waypoint much more friendly and personal. Check out the activity stream on the dashboard.
You can upload your profile image by clicking on your mugshot in the top right.
Improved Save and New
Most of the time when you press Save and New you want to add multiple tasks, stories or resources to your project. This can be a tedious exercise and we just improved how this works.
Now when you use Save and New, the properties from the first instantiation of the form stay the same. It is a bit hard to explain but just see it as a more intelligent pre-fill system. Your benefit is that you can now more quickly add stories to an iteration or theme. This is one of the results of our extensive usability testing we performed during the last couple of months.
Improved Dialog UI
We looked at the dialog window and decided to change their appearance to make them lighter and also give us more real estate to use. We hope you like ‘em!
Of course we also fixed a number of issues this release:
- Fixed WP-435 Calendar z-index incorrect when editing a release
- Fixed WP-488 Planboard: dragged item always says 5 stories
- Fixed WP-496 I cannot remove a discipline
- Avoid repeated form submission
- WP-501 Import project give Resource activation warning
- Moved the anti-multiple-submissions logic to the form tag, using onsubmit now
- Fixed the disabled button in the image uploader
- Fixed WP-495 Form error says: nominalValue.value is invalid
- Changing font sizes for live server fonts
- Fixed potential conflict
- Extra padding for live server
- Some more font changes
- Removed unused code
- Fixed WP-515: Favorites dropdown does not show special characters correctly
- Fixed WP-511: Activity Report speaks twice about user, can be phrased differently
- Fixed WP-454: Resource overview table overlaps with the right column
- Fixed WP-507: When I click a task in the activity stream and edit it an JspException occurs
We hope you enjoy these new features. As always, we look forward to hearing from you if you have any questions, suggestions or feedback.